Click here for sample issue.
Click here for a sample of our
daily Contract Opportunities e-mail
U.S. government's small business procurement goal achievement
is under attack: Are the criticisms valid?
By Alice Lipowicz, editor, Set-Aside Alert
The Obama Administration recently announced it had reached 24.99% in small business procurement, exceeding the government’s 23% goal for the second year in a row. But instead of cheers, they got jeers.
The Small Business Administration’s celebratory news was met with a stunningly negative response in some quarters.
“The SBA is robbing small businesses,” Rep. Steve Chabot, R-OH, who chairs the House Small Business Committee, said in his official statement in response to the announcement. “The reason Congress asks for these numbers is so we can use them, not so that the Administration can pat itself on the back once a year.”
Chabot, who objects to the SBA’s accounting methods, was not the only critic this year....
For more on this and other recent leading stories...click here
Set-Aside Alert is the premier federal government contract information service, focused on small businesses, minority-owned and women-owned businesses, veteran- and SDV-owned businesses, SBA 8(a)-certified companies and HUBzone businesses. Since 1992, our market intelligence service includes daily e-mail notices of all small business contracting opportunities and biweekly newsletters providing the latest news, insider tips and proven strategies used by successful small businesses.
Here's what people say about Set-Aside Alert:
- Click here for more information about Set-Aside Alert -
- "Thanks. Your publication provides an outstanding service to small businesses interested in doing business with the federal government." - President/CEO of small business in Miramar Beach FL
- "Thank you for a great source of Small Business information." - USAF Small Business Specialist
- "Tom, I appreciate your news from Set-Aside Alert...Set-Aside Alert is a must as we move forward." - SDVOSB business owner
- "Set-Aside Alert...is always timely, useful and informative. We believe it to be a must-read in the Set-Aside market." - Homeland security contractor
- "You provide a great publication with invaluable insider information that no small business should be without." - 8(a) certification consultant
- "The day doesn't seem right without my Set-Aside Alert" - WOSB/SDB exec
- "We subscribe to Set-Aside Alert and find it to be very informative." - GSA regional small business specialist
- "[T]hanks for the information in the newsletter; I even find the older issues to have info of interest." - director, strategic partnerships of CMMI Level 3 small business
- "The concise contract summaries are very helpful!" - account exec
- "I learn more from Set-Aside Alert than from my own agency training program." - SBA staff member