Click here for sample issue.
Click here for a sample of our
daily Contract Opportunities e-mail
Leading Stories from Set-Aside Alert
WOSBs to get sole-source awards?
Push is on for ‘level playing field’
By Alice Lipowicz, Editor, Set-Aside Alert
The effort to extend sole-source set-asides to the Small Business Administration’s program for women-owned small businesses is getting an extra boost with the support of the new SBA Administrator Maria Contreras-Sweet.
“Another important tool for federal agencies is sole-source authority. I'm encouraging Congress to give federal agencies this tool to level the playing field for women-owned businesses,” Contreras-Sweet said at an event at the Center for American Progress on June 10.
Her support is timely because the Senate soon will be considering a bill that allows registered participants in the SBA’s Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) program to receive sole-source contracts.
For the rest of this story,
Set-Aside Alert is the premier federal government contract information service, focused on small businesses, minority-owned and women-owned businesses, veteran- and SDV-owned businesses, SBA 8(a)-certified companies and HUBzone businesses. Since 1992, our market intelligence service includes daily e-mail notices of all small business contracting opportunities and biweekly newsletters providing the latest news, insider tips and proven strategies used by successful small businesses.
Here's what people say about Set-Aside Alert:
Click here for more information about Set-Aside Alert
- "Thanks. Your publication provides an outstanding service to small businesses interested in doing business with the federal government." - President/CEO of small business in Miramar Beach FL
- "Thank you for a great source of Small Business information." - USAF Small Business Specialist
- "Tom, I appreciate your news from Set-Aside Alert...Set-Aside is a must as we move forward." - SDVOSB business owner
- "Set-Aside Alert...is always timely, useful and informative. We believe it to be a must-read in the Set-Aside market." - Homeland security contractor
- "You provide a great publication with invaluable insider information that no small business should be without." - 8(a) certification consultant
- "The day doesn't seem right without my Set-Aside Alert" - WOSB/SDB exec
- "We subscribe to Set-Aside Alert and find it to be very informative." - GSA regional small business specialist
- "[T]hanks for the information in the newsletter; I even find the older issues to have info of interest." - director, strategic partnerships of CMMI Level 3 small business
- "The concise contract summaries are very helpful!" - account exec
- "I learn more from Set-Aside Alert than from my own agency training program." - SBA staff member