Click here for sample issue.
Click here for a sample of our
daily Contract Opportuntities e-mail
Upcoming LPTA set-asides for small firms total $7.7 billion
by Alice Lipowicz, Editor, Set-Aside Alert
Despite objections from contractors, the government’s push for procurements based on LPTA--lowest price, technically acceptable--criteria appears to be gathering momentum, with billions of dollars in LPTA contracts in the works, according to new research from Market Connections and Centurion Research.
LPTA has been getting more popular among federal agencies in recent years, primarily at the Defense Department, which included it among several approaches in its Better Buying Initiative.
But contractors, both large and small, warn that focusing primarily on price is likely to hurt quality and performance, as vendors “race to the bottom” with steep cuts in prices. Small vendors say they are most at risk, because their margins are already so thin.
... (For the full story, click here.)
Set-Aside Alert is the premier federal government contract information service, focused on small businesses, minority-owned and women-owned businesses, veteran- and SDV-owned businesses, SBA 8(a)-certified companies and HUBzone businesses. Since 1992, our market intelligence service includes daily e-mail notices of all small business contracting opportunities and biweekly newsletters providing the latest news, insider tips and proven strategies used by successful small businesses.
Here's what people say about Set-Aside Alert:
Click here for more information about Set-Aside Alert
- "Thank you for a great source of Small Business information." - USAF Small Business Specialist
- "Tom, I appreciate your news from Set-Aside Alert...Set-Aside is a must as we move forward." - SDVOSB business owner
- "Set-Aside Alert...is always timely, useful and informative. We believe it to be a must-read in the Set-Aside market." - Homeland security contractor
- "You provide a great publication with invaluable insider information that no small business should be without." - 8(a) certification consultant
- "The day doesn't seem right without my Set-Aside Alert" - WOSB/SDB exec
- "We subscribe to Set-Aside Alert and find it to be very informative." - GSA regional small business specialist
- "[T]hanks for the information in the newsletter; I even find the older issues to have info of interest." - director, strategic partnerships of CMMI Level 3 small business
- "The concise contract summaries are very helpful!" - account exec
- "I learn more from Set-Aside Alert than from my own agency training program." - SBA staff member