Click here for sample issue.
Click here for a sample of our
daily Contract Opportuntities e-mail
Leading Stories from Set-Aside Alert
News-Analysis: GSA owes $3 million to cancelled schedules contractors
by Alice Lipowicz, Editor, Set-Aside Alert
The General Services Administration’s multiple-award schedules were in the headlines recently, and not in a good way.
In response to a House committee investigation, the GSA said it owed $3 million to 1,281 small contractors it had removed from schedules due to lack of sales.
The payments were due under the GSA’s minimum guaranteed payment clause, Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Thomas Sharpe wrote.
“It became clear that GSA was not adhering to its own contracts and had not paid the required termination costs to small businesses for at least five years,” Rep. Sam Graves, R-MO, chair of the House Small Business Committee, wrote in a news release on May 16.
It was bad publicity for GSA, for sure. But something seemed missing; a fuller explanation was needed. Let’s take a closer look.
For more on this story, click here.
Set-Aside Alert is the premier federal government contract information service, focused on small businesses, minority-owned and women-owned businesses, veteran- and SDV-owned businesses, SBA 8(a)-certified companies and HUBzone businesses. Since 1992, our market intelligence service includes daily e-mail notices of all small business contracting opportunities and biweekly newsletters providing the latest news, insider tips and proven strategies used by successful small businesses.
Here's what people say about Set-Aside Alert:
Click here for more information about Set-Aside Alert
- "Tom, I appreciate your news from Set-Aside Alert...Set-Aside is a must as we move forward." - SDVOSB business owner
- "Set-Aside Alert...is always timely, useful and informative. We believe it to be a must-read in the Set-Aside market." - Homeland security contractor
- "You provide a great publication with invaluable insider information that no small business should be without." - 8(a) certification consultant
- "The day doesn't seem right without my Set-Aside Alert" - WOSB/SDB exec
- "We subscribe to Set-Aside Alert and find it to be very informative." - GSA regional small business specialist
- "[T]hanks for the information in the newsletter; I even find the older issues to have info of interest." - director, strategic partnerships of CMMI Level 3 small business
- "The concise contract summaries are very helpful!" - account exec
- "I learn more from Set-Aside Alert than from my own agency training program." - SBA staff member