Click here for sample issue.
Click here for a sample of our
daily Contract Opportunities e-mail
More industries for WOSBs – with a caveat
By Alice Lipowicz, editor, Set-Aside Alert
The Small Business Administration has announced good news for women-owned small businesses in federal contracting—there are now more industries in which women small business owners can be awarded federal set-aside contracts in the SBA’s Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Program.
However, one category of women-owned small businesses now has access to fewer industries for a specific type of set-aside under the new regulations, according to a Set-Aside Alert analysis. Women who gained an additional designation as economically disadvantaged are losing some of the benefit of that additional designation under the new regulations, Set-Aside Alert has found.
Under the SBA’s new regulations, effective March 3, women business owners now have access to additional industries in which they may be awarded set-aside and sole-source federal contracts.... more
Set-Aside Alert is the premier federal government contract information service, focused on small businesses, minority-owned and women-owned businesses, veteran- and SDV-owned businesses, SBA 8(a)-certified companies and HUBzone businesses. Since 1992, our market intelligence service includes daily e-mail notices of all small business contracting opportunities and biweekly newsletters providing the latest news, insider tips and proven strategies used by successful small businesses.
Here's what people say about Set-Aside Alert:
- Click here for more information about Set-Aside Alert -
- "Thanks. Your publication provides an outstanding service to small businesses interested in doing business with the federal government." - President/CEO of small business in Miramar Beach FL
- "Thank you for a great source of Small Business information." - USAF Small Business Specialist
- "Tom, I appreciate your news from Set-Aside Alert...Set-Aside Alert is a must as we move forward." - SDVOSB business owner
- "Set-Aside Alert...is always timely, useful and informative. We believe it to be a must-read in the Set-Aside market." - Homeland security contractor
- "You provide a great publication with invaluable insider information that no small business should be without." - 8(a) certification consultant
- "The day doesn't seem right without my Set-Aside Alert" - WOSB/SDB exec
- "We subscribe to Set-Aside Alert and find it to be very informative." - GSA regional small business specialist
- "[T]hanks for the information in the newsletter; I even find the older issues to have info of interest." - director, strategic partnerships of CMMI Level 3 small business
- "The concise contract summaries are very helpful!" - account exec
- "I learn more from Set-Aside Alert than from my own agency training program." - SBA staff member