Click here for sample issue.
Click here for a sample of our
daily Contract Opportunities e-mail
Click here for our multiple quantity price list
Small Business Tips for Surviving the Federal Shutdown from Set-Aside Alert
Hold on to your seat!
If you, like us, hold a federal contract, we are in a difficult time! It looks like it will at least be Thursday before a resolution, and maybe longer. What's that mean to you?
- A stop-work order from your CO?
- Inability to reach your CO?
- Outstanding invoices not being paid?
- Barred from accessing your customer's facility?
- Loss of billable hours/expenses?
- Cancelled deliveries of products?
- Necessity for you to furlough key employees, even those not doing federal contract work?
The last significant federal shutdown, in October 2013, lasted 13 days. Are you prepared to survive that kind of loss of revenue?
Not all agencies are affected. Contracts with DoD agencies, HHS and some of the other big spenders should not be affected.
Contracts with DHS, Justice, Transportation, State and Commerce are somewhat affected.
But USDA, Treasury, Interior, EPA, HUD and others, including many smaller regulatory agencies, are at serious risk. Close to 400,000 federal civilian workers could be locked out of their worksites - almost 25% of civilian employees.
Right after the 2013 shutdown, we published the following advice to contractors....more ...
Set-Aside Alert is the premier federal government contract information service, focused on small businesses, minority-owned and women-owned businesses, veteran- and SDV-owned businesses, SBA 8(a)-certified companies and HUBzone businesses. Since 1992, our market intelligence service includes daily e-mail notices of all small business contracting opportunities and biweekly newsletters providing the latest news, insider tips and proven strategies used by successful small businesses.
Here's what people say about Set-Aside Alert:
- Click here for more information about Set-Aside Alert -
- "Thanks. Your publication provides an outstanding service to small businesses interested in doing business with the federal government." - President/CEO of small business in Miramar Beach FL
- "Thank you for a great source of Small Business information." - USAF Small Business Specialist
- "Tom, I appreciate your news from Set-Aside Alert...Set-Aside Alert is a must as we move forward." - SDVOSB business owner
- "Set-Aside Alert...is always timely, useful and informative. We believe it to be a must-read in the Set-Aside market." - Homeland security contractor
- "You provide a great publication with invaluable insider information that no small business should be without." - 8(a) certification consultant
- "The day doesn't seem right without my Set-Aside Alert" - WOSB/SDB exec
- "We subscribe to Set-Aside Alert and find it to be very informative." - GSA regional small business specialist
- "[T]hanks for the information in the newsletter; I even find the older issues to have info of interest." - director, strategic partnerships of CMMI Level 3 small business
- "The concise contract summaries are very helpful!" - account exec
- "I learn more from Set-Aside Alert than from my own agency training program." - SBA staff member
Business Research Services, Inc. is Listed on IndustryNet